Wednesday, September 24, 2003

my patchwork experience

I liked it. My kid, Carrington, said he had already finished his homework. I remember lying that lie all the time when I was younger, so I don't know if he truly had finished his homework or if he just wanted to move on to games. But it's not like he then said "c'mon lets go play video games." Instead, we read "Ten Apples Up On Top" by Dr. Suess. In that book, a dog, lion, tiger, and several bears balance apples on their head. I tried to get Carrington into balancing pencils on his hand, and then spinning the pencil, a la policy debaters, but he didn't really catch on. Which was cool, cause we started talking about baseball. This kid will go on to great things in baseball. He's already part of an interstate all-star team.

After chatting about baseball for a while, we played Subtraction Bingo. But because the game doesn't involve complex subtraction (is there such a thing) the game is all luck. And Carrington had some unbelieveable luck. He beat me TEN times. We tied twice. I never won. I don't think he stacked the deck...

I'm looking forward to next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home