Wednesday, July 09, 2003

AP domination

In the Information Age, some relatively simple knowledge is not online. Waiting for my AP scores to be mailed back, I came across the AP awards on the AP Central website. I think that after this current round of AP tests, I will already have AP Scholar with Distinction

"AP Scholar with Distinction is granted to students who receive an average grade of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and grades of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams on full-year courses" (or the equivalent).


I don't know if I can get the AP State Scholar award.

"AP State Scholar is granted to the one male and one female student in each U.S. state and the District of Columbia with grades of 3 or higher on the greatest number of exams (at least three full-year course exams or the equivalent), and then the highest average grade (at least 3.5) on all AP Exams taken.


Had the two first criteria been switched, I'd have a chance this year. But I'll have a good shot after next year's round of AP tests, I think.

And I'm pretty sure I'll get National AP Scholar next year

The award of National AP Scholar is granted to students in the United States who receive an average grade of at least 4 on all AP Exams taken, and grades of 4 or higher on eight or more of these exams on full-year courses (or the equivalent).


I'm just really frustrated that a Google search for "AP State Scholar" indiana only returns one relavant result: Andrew Chi of Terre Haute South Vigo High School was the AP State Scholar of Indiana in 2001. And upon further Googling, I found out why he was AP State Scholar:

Mr. Chi, a senior at Terre Haute South Vigo High School, completed AP exams in Physics C: Mechanics, Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Statistics and Calculus BC.


That's EIGHT AP tests in the Sciences and Maths alone. I'm sure he took more tests in English and History. He's an AP machine!

On second thought, I'll settle for AP Scholar with Distinction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home