Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Finally: An Update

Sorry for not updating for 8 days...but last week I was busy preparing for the IU High School Speech Invitational, and when I tried to get on the Internet, my Juno accounts were not working....Anyhow I fixed Juno last night and I have Internet access again, yay. So on to recent happenings.

This week the Sig Speech team went to IU. Phuc Nguyen finaled in Poetry and got 6th. But in his semi-final round, he beat the eventual first and second place winners. Also, Reitz's Sarah Waniger kicked butt, winning novice FX and OO. I wonder how long the Reitz cycle of analytical greatness will continue.

For District Debate--Amy and Nirav are going to debate for a chance to qualify to Nationals this coming weekend at Ben Davis....Alex and I can't come because of an unfortunate mistake that you can read more about on my personal blog because...it wouldn't be appropriate for this site.

Key Club is planning to sponsor an art design contest by grade level. Winners from each grade level will have their design painted onto the Loft walls. They might get a cookie too.

Today President Bush offered to engage North Korea, marking a significant break with traditional NK policy.

Signature had phenomenal PSAT scores, with a school average Selection Index around 167. An Index of roughly 200 will get a student a National Merit Commendation Letter. In Indiana, roughly a 209 or higher will qualify a student for semi-finals for National Merit. Far as I know, Shanky Surana, Cari Tuna, Adam Grimm, and I all have good chances of qualifying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home